M.R Industrial Services Ltd design, fabricate and install secondary steelwork and architectural products to the construction sector. Typically, these items would be balustrading, access stairs, access ladders, mezzanine floors, gantry’s and Architectural feature stairs.
Due to sustained growth, we are looking to add an experienced designer to the team to act as a Design Manager on projects and develop in-house standards to improve efficiency by standardisation.
A recent premises move affords all employees with a modern and fresh working facility. MR promotes a strong ‘TEAM’ work ethic throughout the departments which creates a friendly and busy office environment
Role / Responsibilities
- To design architectural, secondary, and structural steel structures using information supplied by structural engineers to meet client’s specifications
- Liaise with in-house teams and communicate with clients and structural engineers to identify and mitigate any technical issues to be able to develop designs to meet schedules and financials.
- Production of all drawings required to achieve design approvals from clients which may include 3D renders
- All fabrication drawings and BOM’s related to the design/project.
- Check your own work to ensure accuracy and quality of information
- Management of project BIM requirements.
- Site surveys where required.
- Attend client DTM’s
- Time Management of work across multiple live projects
- Assistance with the design departments development of company product design standards.
- General Drawing Office administration roles where required
- Engineering qualified to HNC, or equivalent industry experience
- Min 5 years design experience, preferably in fabrication/structural steel. Typically, balustrading, Access stairs, Gantry’s
- Experience of architectural feature stairs would be an advantage
- An understanding of relevant BS & Euro specifications and design regulations within the industry
- Experience of BIM level 2
- Must have proven ability in AutoCAD 2d
- Experience in Tekla Structures (or similar) is key however training would be available if required
- Ability to adapt to change
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills needed to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) with clients/architects/structural engineers/sub-contractors and in-house management teams
- Be able to work closely with Contract Managers to deliver projects to schedule and cost.
- Willing to embrace to strong ‘TEAM’ ethos of the company
Should you wish to apply for this vacancy please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com