M.R Industrial Services is one of the UK’s largest secondary steel and architectural steel suppliers based in Corby, Northamptonshire.
We are looking for a Procurement Manager, the procurement will comprise structural steelwork, secondary steelwork, architectural metalwork, and any other sundry items as required by the company.
Benefits: 28 days holidays including BH’s + Annual leave extra days scheme, auto- enrolment pension & private healthcare after a 6-month probationary period.
- Sourcing the best quality materials at the most competitive rates
- Managing minimal stock, as our client orders on a contract-by-contract basis (JIT – “just in time” stock management)
- Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing customers
- Liaise between suppliers and internal teams such as manufacturing and project delivery
- Monitor quality and delivery performance of suppliers
- Responding to pricing enquiries from other departments
- Demonstrable experience of leading a purchasing function
- Broad understanding of current manufacturing methods
- Focus on high quality system delivery and business profit
- Good negotiation, communication, and organisation skills
- Self-driven with positive outlook and resilience
- Team player who is self-aware
- Mental agility, drive & enthusiasm, articulate
- Strong IT background
- Experienced in current material rates and have good communication skills
- Structural steel and/or metal fabrication industry background experience
We are an ‘equal opportunities employer’ and we abide by the Equality Act 2010
Should you wish to apply for this vacancy please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org