M.R Industrial Services Ltd design, fabricate and install secondary steelwork and architectural products to the construction sector. Typically, these items would be balustrading, access stairs, access ladders, mezzanine floors, gantry’s and Architectural feature stairs.
Due to sustained growth, we are looking to add an experienced design co-ordinator to the team to work on projects and develop in-house standards to improve efficiency by standardisation. The role provides excellent salary opportunities, private health and company pension scheme.
A recent premises move affords all employees with a modern and fresh working facility. MR promotes a strong ‘TEAM’ work ethic throughout the departments which creates a friendly and busy office environment.
Role / Responsibilities
- To co-ordinate the resource required to carry out the design of works to our clients’ specifications both internally and external.
- Liaise with in-house teams and communicate with clients and structural engineers to enable the timely issue of designs for fabrication.
- Issue all production works and BOM’s to relative internal departments.
- Management of project BIM requirements
- Site surveys where required
- Attend client DTM’s where required
- Assistance with the design departments development of company product design standards
- General Drawing Office administration roles where required
- Engineering qualified to HNC, or equivalent industry experience
- Min 5 years design experience, preferably in fabrication/structural steel. Typically, balustrading, Access stairs, Gantry’s
- Experience of architectural feature stairs would be an advantage
- An understanding of relevant BS & Euro specifications and design regulations within the industry
- Experience of BIM level 2
- Must have proven ability in AutoCAD 2d
- Experience in Tekla Structures (or similar) is key however training would be available if required
- Ability to adapt to change
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills needed to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) with clients/architects/structural engineers/sub-contractors and in-house management teams
- Be able to work closely with the Design Manager to deliver projects to schedule and cost.
- Willing to embrace to strong ‘TEAM’ ethos of the company
We are an ‘equal opportunities employer’ and we abide by the Equality Act 2010
Should you wish to apply for this vacancy please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org